Sunrise Eye Care ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- All patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed except in emergency cases.
- New patients will be sent a portal to enter their registration information. We are shifting towards a hands-free environment.
- Your temperature will taken before entering the examination area.
- All patients or anyone entering the examination area will complete a COVID19 questionnaire upon arrival to the practice.
- Once inside the examination area, we ask that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- We ask that you arrive to your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision or in need of a caregiver.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. Your nose and mouth MUST be covered at all times. Proper use of face masks are displayed throughout the clinic. If a patient does not have one we will provide one for you.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show any flu-like signs, cold/fever, or are coughing.
- We will not be shaking your hand; please do not take this personally.
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- We will be checking you in and out at the front window.
- Please provide us the courtesy of 48 hours notice should you need to reschedule due to the demand and scheduling changes we have made to protect you, our staff and our community.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitization stations are available at the front entrance and throughout the clinic.
- The glass window will be closed at the check-in/check-out desk.
- All our staff and Dr. Haiman will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and when needed face shields. We have installed UVC air purifications systems that will be running non-stop.
- There will only be 2 waiting room chairs that are for our patients only and spaced 6 feet apart. Please do not move the chairs.
- Every chair will be sanitized between use.
- Each pre-testing and examination room will be sanitized after every patient examination but we will also disinfect in front of you including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles and equipment.
- Regularly sanitizing door handles, counters, reception room areas, and spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or examination area at one time.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as door knobs, counters, keyboards, phones, credit card machines, pens etc. We will be disinfecting these as well. Clipboards and pens will only be used once per day and sanitized nightly.
- All reading material and brochures have been removed from the waiting room.
- Deep sanitizing will be conducted at the end of the day.